Tips for organizer:
You would like to arrange your own LAN with some size. We have made a to-do list that can be useful to you as an organizer.
- Think about the size of the room according to how many you want to participate.
- Kitchen in the room is fine if you are going to sell food, or the participants will roast some food.
- Have enough tables and be aware of the size.
- Hang up notes with information about that people have to clean up after them self.
- Have binding registration in good time, more people will show up when you have the event.
- Rules for lan
- Age limit
- Information on internet speed
- Bracket system for the tournaments
- Web site for the LAN
- Switches at minimum 1GB speed
- Extra network cables of different lengths. (Participants also bring themselves too).
- Extra power cables
- Extension cord
- Prohibit loudspeakers, preferably have one set on stage. Let people use headsets. Speakers among participants only irritate.
- Projector (Post information about games, tournaments, streams and so on)
- If you do not have your own crew around the clock, set up a schedule with opening hours.
- Set up a expense account.
Example of expenses:
Renting premises, cleaning, tournament prizes
Garbage bag holders.
Paper towels and toilet paper
Floor cable duct (if you have to haveto put a cable over the floor so no one hooks it.